Monday, January 13, 2014


About this time every year in Iowa, I get a terrible case of cabin fever.  Ever wonder exactly where that term came from?  Me too!  So off to Wikipedia I went!  "Cabin fever is an idiomatic term, first recorded in 1918,[1] for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group is isolated and/or shut in a small space, with nothing to do for an extended period. Cabin fever describes the extreme irritability and restlessness a person may feel in these situations.[2]"

What can you do to combat this?  According to Wikipedia, "One therapy for cabin fever may be as simple as getting out and interacting with nature. Research has proven that even brief interactions with nature can promote improved cognitive functioning and overall well-being."

I have found that just getting out my craft supplies and creating new items helps me immensely.  I usually begin creating my Spring Collection items and imagining how happy I will be when the cold and snow finally decides to fade away.  

Whatever your passion, don't let the weather dampen your spirit.   Explore new things and ways to express yourself and get out of the cabin - even if just in your mind.


2 comments:

  1. I would go get out my Ulifting Serum that my dear friend Amy made, and I would rub it all over me! :D

    ReplyDelete